Watch Live NEWS Channels

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Roja quits TD, meets Jagan

Hyderabad

Sept. 7: Actor and politician Ms K. Roja resigned from the Telugu Desam on Monday.
Ms Roja faxed her resignation to the Telugu Desam office and later called on Mr Jagan Mohan Reddy at the camp office to convey her condolence to the members of bereaved family.
“I met Mr Reddy to convey my condolences to bereaved family. I did not discuss politics,” Ms Roja said. Now, it is clear that she has decided to join the Congress.
Ms Roja, who has acted in 100 films, has been staying away from TD activities accusing the leaders of being responsible for her poll defeat twice. The actor had recently met Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy along with former TTD chairman Mr Karunakar Reddy.
“I thank you for giving me the opportunity to work for the TD for 10 years. Though I had tirelessly worked, I was ignored. It’s not just me, but several other leaders who are tirelessly working and are yet to get recognition,” she stated in her resignation letter.
She added, “Although you are aware of the happenings, you could not do justice. I never dreamt of leaving the TD. I was forced to quit since I was not sure if I would ever get recognition.”

blog comments powered by Disqus

TELUGU e-papers

About This Blog

E-PAPER: English PRINT EDITIONS

Lorem Ipsum

Hindi News Paper

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP